Wednesday, June 08, 2011

$700 IN WINNINGS THIS WEEK AND 2ND PLACE IN $7 REBUY TOURNEY

It's been a while since i updated my poker blog; So i had a little free time to take advantage of! First off poker has been coming along fairly well since my $3,000 contract for LOCK POKER.I have been playing very very well as of late,and i think that i may at last have a handle on my playing style.

2-Jun-11 22:19 NL Holdem [Rebuy : The tournament allows rebuys or add ons.] $5 R 20/689 $70.33 My first deep run was in the $5 rebuy with a $9000 prize pool that was very top heavy on payouts. I got unlucky in the late stages after about 4 hours in with a field of 689 players. However i was overall happy with the way i played; And was pretty determined to play better next time! I ended up taking home $70 for my efforts "sigh"

4-Jun-11 14:08 NL Holdem [Rebuy : The tournament allows rebuys or add ons.] $5 R 7/563 $140.62 My next deep run was two days later in the same tourney; And i actually final tabled this one for 7TH Place and $140.00 profit after rebuys and add-on. 1ST place in this tournament was $1,189.00 and i busted as one of the big stacks at the table.At the time i was 2ND in chips with 289,000 and the 1ST place stack who busted me with pocket(77)sevens had 359,000 at the start of the hand. As i remember the blind levels were pretty high; And he opened from middle position with 77. I re-raised him to 90,000 and he 4 bet jammed ALL-IN for the rest of his stack. Although this was pretty much a fold in this spot,being 2ND in chips. And not to mention playing against the only guy at the table who could bust me! I guess i was just not going to fold my QQ's in this spot and so i called! The flop came Q-8-6 giving him a runner runner straight draw with two cards to come. The turn was a (5) and the river a (9) and i was out in 2nd place losing a 600k pot.Obv i win the tournament and run over the final table when i win; And also pretty much lock up $1,000 in cashes. But as it goes i only ended up with $150 for my efforts LOL!

Lastly was the $2,500 $7 rebuy that i played last night. The tournament ending up running about 6 hours,with 1st place taking home $600 and 2nd $400 as the top two payout spots! I must honestly say that i am so proud of how i played last night. I made very good decisions and got really deep even though i was card dead for most of the tourney. I was able to grind my way to the final 9 players; And take down 2ND Place for a $400 cash. I really felt good about taking this one down despite the way that i was running in the tournament.

7-Jun-11 23:23 NL Holdem [Rebuy : The tournament allows rebuys or add ons.] $7 R 2/126 $379.47 This one pretty much speaks for itself, as it was the last tournament of the day for me. I was pretty tired but decided to run one more since i had shit to do today! Anyway i have been working on a system for making it deep in MMT tournaments; And so far it is getting a lot better as i tweak it. Can't tell you how much time i spend working on all aspects of my game to get better at poker.

I will be playing in a 35K tourney tonight;And i may start a twitter account so i can tweet when playing in bigger events. Just gives me more stuff to do while im waiting around for the next hand to end ect. Anyway that's a little update on how things are coming along and hopefully get better!

No comments: