Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Working Hard On The 6-MAX

Well im trying to decide how i am going to attack the sng games. I always played the 9 man sng's so i have experience with them; As well as a small sample of 6 max also. So for the start of the year i have been putting in a lot of time to get a small edge playing them. I must say that the sng games are tough to play,as you wll see the same reguar players at Lock Poker. For the most part i feel that i am picking up on small edges one day at a time; But it's really hard for table selection since table and games are limited.
One thing i have noticed is that games are a lot softer around 10:30. I would assume with Lock being mostly USA players,that most of the regulars are heading to bed ect! Anyway i now have 15 days left to return a positive roi% for the month of Feb. During my brief time playing the 6 max games, I have noticed that i am not out matched at all. Yes the games are tuff and my experience is limited; But i am quickly learning the ropes of the game. I have had many days this month where i wanted to just say fuck it and quit!
The biggest problems that i have right now is playing heads-up and the bubble/pre bubble stage. I consider pre bubble when the tournaments pays two players and four remain. This is usually my bust out or hit bubble with a huge stack period. I have been having a lot of problems in this area but i am working on it daily. As far as playing 3-6 tables for my buy-in level; I have decided that it's more important for me to focus on playing better and making better decisions before adding tables.
Another important part of my game has been learning to play in position,and become more fundamental as well. I often find myself calling for set-mining odds with weaker smallish pairs and such.
My poker mentality has been so much based on a looser more aggressive MTT game;That this is a complete turnaround for me. One thing is for sure,Poker is most def a game of skill. And you will need a lot of it to be great. I guess right now at this time in my game, I am just trying to find my edge! The thing that you really have to come to grips with is the bad beats that you will take.

No comments: